Dental Hygiene Tips For People With Alzheimer’s
People with Alzheimer’s disease may need some help with basic grooming and dressing tasks, including taking care of their teeth and mouth. As a caregiver, you can help!
Good grooming and hygiene practices can help a person with Alzheimer’s feel more like themselves. Here are some tips to help a person with Alzheimer’s care for their teeth and mouth:
- Show the person how to brush their teeth step-by-step
- Brush your teeth at the same time
- Help the person clean their dentures
- Ask the person to rinse their mouth with water after each meal
- Take the person to see the dentist regularly
If you, your family or friends need dental care, we would be honored to provide you with state-of-the-art dental care in our modern dental practice. Refer someone you love to someone you trust!
Presented as a service to the community by Doctors Hoover and Yanda,