Dental Hygiene Tips For People With Alzheimer’s
December 20, 2017HealthHygienePrevention
People with Alzheimer’s disease may need some help with basic grooming and dressing tasks, including taking care of their teeth and mouth. As a caregiver, you can help!
Good grooming and hygiene practices can help a person with Alzheimer’s feel more like themselves. Here are some tips to help a person with Alzheimer’s care for their teeth and mouth:
- Show the person how to brush their teeth step-by-step
- Brush your teeth at the same time
- Help the person clean their dentures
- Ask the person to rinse their mouth with water after each meal
- Take the person to see the dentist regularly
If you, your family or friends need dental care, we would be honored to provide you with state-of-the-art dental care in our modern dental practice. Refer someone you love to someone you trust!
Presented as a service to the community by Doctors Hoover and Yanda,
39 Milford Drive, Hudson, Ohio 44236. 330-650-0360. www.drshooverandyanda.com