It can be intimidating to go to the dentist, and this fear is what keeps a lot of people from visiting regularly. Knowing what will happen during your dental checkup might make it a little easier to make an appointment and get into that reclining chair.
At your checkup, your dentist will:
- Perform a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth, and gums
- Ask questions about your overall health and any dental issues you’ve had since your last appointment
- Ask questions about what you eat and your tobacco or alcohol use
- Advise you on ways to improve your oral hygiene and general teeth-cleaning habits
- Recommend treatment or other measures for dental problems, if necessary
At the end of the appointment, your dentist should suggest a date for your next visit. It might be sooner than six months, and it might be further out. Your dentist will consider your current oral health and risk of developing problems when scheduling your next checkup.
If you, your family, or friends need dental care, we would be honored to provide you with state-of-the-art dental care in our modern dental practice. Refer someone you love to someone you trust!
Presented as a service to the community by Doctors Hoover and Yanda,